Old 06-16-2013, 02:37 PM
petthefabric

I've finished reading it all and commenting, so now here's my report

Saturday, I finished sewing down the binding and adherring comical fishes to "At Home in the Forest". Then we went to the lake for dinner with the "kids". DD is 33! When did it happen?! She wanted blackberry pie for her "birthday cake". She was born on Father's Day so of course we celebrated Father's Day. Then there was a third cause for celebration, they finished the payments on their house! I can't remember what that's like (we had ours paid off and then remodeled, then bought a new house). As the evening wore on, the atmosphere changed. The families with children and beer left so it got real quiet. With the sun behind the mountain, it started getting cooler. The Canadian geese came around with their gooslings. The boating on the lake ended, so the water got real still. Then the lights across the lake came on and twinkled on the water. The stars started coming out. Finally there was just enough light to pack up and go home.

Quilting for today will be to finish the "At Home in the Forest". Then make a list for meeting deadlines for the rest of June. See you at the next virtual retreat.