Old 06-17-2013, 04:42 AM
skothing

Thank you all for the insightful responses. This helps so much. I was ask if I would teach basic sewing at the local school for summer school secession this year and turned it down. The teachers and ladies in the school saw many of my works and wanted help just learning to sew. I have taught free classes at my church and felt used my some parents of very young children coming to the class. They handle the dangerous things on the display table and even when asked, the mother would not control her child. It was a bad experience. So when I was asked to do another and I put an age limit on the enrolment. That was a great class. So, I did another with only high school girls making rag quilts. That went over very well. All these classes where free. I feel as God has bless me in this craft, I feel lead to share this others in my church. I have also taught in LQS and enjoy that but I need to finish some of my original designs quilts before I do it again. I also have a publisher now for my patterns that I haven't finished yet. But I have taken and will continue to take classes. I try to become better in this craft. I have sewn all life and quilted since "74. My problem was a new technique that I wanted to think it though. The interruption was one that I felt could have been solved by having her machine serviced before she came to class. I can do minor repairs, and have done small repairs at retreats and in classes in, I am paying for. Before I take a class I clean my machine and replace needles. I want it running at top efficiency. When others come to a class without doing the basic checks to see they have a well running machine it causes problems. Others in the class or the teacher has to stop to do what should have been done before coming. It is rude and steals value from the class.

Last edited by skothing; 06-17-2013 at 04:57 AM. Reason: did not want an ad at bottom.