View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 01:55 PM
JuneBillie
Power Poster

Ditter did you write this or someone else? It is beautiful and so true in any case. I just turned 60 in May, and I don't know where time has gone. I have one son who is grown, and he's my baby yet he is where I was just a few years ago, and thinks he is getting old. My dad is 80, and says I am young. I am the oldest of my parents 4 kids. Mom left last year, and dad can't wait to see her. I can feel the aches and pains, but yes that is life. I have lupus and never ask for it, but it became my unwelcome friend along with a few other unwelcome friends. I have my sense of humor and hope that always stays with me. I have life regrets, and think most do. I did do a few crazy things in my life, and not proud of all of them or even half, but life wasn't dull. lol... I now see myself not caring what people think of how I dress etc, as long as it pleases me, and I am decent. I do feel so rich in the loving people and friends around me. I seem to find my best vacation right out in my own green yard, and front porch in the evenings with a good cup of coffee. I didn't even know the passion of quilting/sewing until I beheld what was really life's riches. I am so glad you posted this. It is such a blessing to me.