View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 02:54 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

my hubby doesn't quilt- but he does help me out on occasion- but I do have 2 sons and a nephew who are all 3 wonderful, inspiring quilters- they have since they were quite young encouraged me, challenged me, and been inspiring- my nephew was the first one I had met who used the backside of a fabric in an appliqued piece- I noticed & said- "Jess, you put this piece in upside down"...his reply---I didn't like the other side- I liked this side...& you paid for both sided didn't you? ...my oldest son & my nephew both taught their girlfriends to quilt & helped them with their first quilts- they have wonderful color sense & jump right in with both feet to try things fearlessly...I love it when the 'boys' are around to quilt with! all 3 are adults now- my oldest son is busy, busy living in the city & doing other things...my youngest is in the Navy & not sewing these days...but my nephew- still lives fairly close (40 miles) and is married, expecting his first child and creating a first baby quilt. he's an engineer, and when I visit I always see new blocks hanging on his little design wall. i'm glad my hubby doesn't really want to quilt- the 2 of us would not fit in my sewing room together. i'm messy, while working on a project- he is an 'everything in it's place' type of guy...he is afraid of my room