View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 03:49 AM
ssnare

Each quilt top will come out a different size, depending on what each person starts with and what each person adds. I have to look some things up to find out about how big the centers should be to start with. The minimum should be 12 1/2 " x 12 1/2". The rounds will be from 3 1/2" - 9 1/2" if 5 people want to be in it. Then you can add to your center as the first round. They grow pretty fast. You can start with a square or rectangle. Even if you start out with a square, you can specify that you want more added to the top and bottom and it will still be a rectangle.
We probably should make the rounds from 3 1/2" - 6 1/2", if 6 people want to participate. What do you think about this?
Measure your tops and square it up so the top and bottom are the same length and the sides are the same length, and each is divisible by 3 before you send it on to the next person. This will make it easier for the next person to work on it.
I will need to know by July 31, how many want to participate. I will start a new thread to post pictures, rules, and comments. Do you want a 6 week turn around? That would make the mailing dates:
Oct. 1
Nov. 15
Jan. 1
March 15
May1
and June 15 if we have 6 players