View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 04:53 AM
coopah

Repairs? Not many as this little machine just keeps going and going! My Dad bought it at a flea market in the early 70's for $15. For another $15 it was serviced and came home stitching just great. That was a lot of money to me back then when I had $12 left to save or spend at the end of a month. Anyways, it has had the normal "check ups" except for the time it fell off a table and broke the thread up take arm. (The part that goes up and down with the thread to the needle.) So we took it to the sewing machine place and asked them about fixing it. They would charge $100 for the part (late 70's/early 80's) and I've forgotten how much to install the part and make it run correctly. So Dad asked about brazing the part. The repairman just looked at him like he was a crazy-man, but said, well, if you can do that, it probably won't work right because it has to be lined up just right to work. HA! So Dad did it and it is still working! Now the brazed part doesn't look beautiful except to me, because it shows the love of a Dad and the "can do" attitude he had. If Dad were still here, he'd be checking out this short, but I know I need to do it and will. :-) Thanks for your help.