Old 06-21-2013, 06:25 AM
mhollifiel

My DH is my second. I had a lovely 37 years before I lost my first wonderful, considerate, caring man. Number 2 is also widowed but every bit a treasure as well. I am so old and overweight and wrinkled but he tells me all the time that I am beautiful and sometimes just looks at me and smiles this radiant smile. I had to put a stop to him bringing me flowers every Thursday. I told him I would rather spend that money on fabric, fun or charity. So he keeps my flowers and yard up. He never walks by something that needs doing inside either. He does the laundry and bathroom cleaning more than I do.

When we go out, DH always opens the car door, drops me off at the door and then parks. He meets me with an umbrella when it's raining and walks on the gutter side of the sidewalk. He is absolutely the most considerate person I have ever known, not just to me but to everybody. He's way too generous and bought me two fur (mink) coats on the same day! One he had custom made for me. Best of all he keeps me encouraged with fabric purchasing and trips to quilt shops, classes and shows. He'll leave at the drop of a hat to get me to whatever I need or want especially with my quilting. He also sings to me.

I keep his back scratched really good!