Old 06-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Peckish

He doesn't say a word when I'm grumpy and bite his head off. He simply comes over to me and either hugs me for a long time, or he rubs my back.

Several years ago as I was out on my morning walk before leaving for work, I passed by a neighbor who was moving. She had an upright piano in her driveway with a "For Sale" sign on it. I got the price from her, then went on my way to work. Called my husband from work, told him about the piano, what a great price it was, how I'd always wanted to learn to play but we never had the money when I was a child, would it be okay with him if I spent the money? He said he didn't think it was a good idea, our house is cramped enough, the piano would just be a dust-catcher. We hung up and I pouted to myself for a few minutes, then put together a plan. I called him back and said I'd make a deal with him. I'd buy the piano, and if after 2 years, it was sitting there collecting dust, I'd sell it and give him the money to spend on whatever he wanted. He said "Okay, but NOT because of the deal, but because you called back, which means you REALLY want it. And if you really want it, then you should have it." Every time I think about that I get choked up.

Last edited by Peckish; 06-21-2013 at 01:09 PM.