Old 06-25-2013, 12:25 PM
charity-crafter

I know, the hair is the problem. I had donated about 50 dolls a few years ago to an organization that supports young cancer patients and their siblings. (I had surgery and had 6 weeks of recovery. I cut out several of a pattern while I was in bed and I'd sew for a few minutes until it hurt and then go back to bed. By the time I went back to work I had dolls all over the place) One develpmentally challenged boy picked one of the dolls up and immediately stuck the yarn head in his mouth. Then his mother glared at me like it was my fault he stuck yarn in his mouth.

Things to play with-how about tassles? Our group received a donation from a design studio. One of the things they gave us was a book of about 3" samples of different tassles and decorative trims. They are so small that we havne't figured out what to do with them. But sewing them to doll clothes might work if they'd wash well. I guess the best thing to do is create a little, see what works and what doesn't.

I can't wait to get started. This is going to be so much fun. And a great way to use up my stash.