View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 04:32 PM
purplefiend

Originally Posted by petpainter View Post
Ihave a Viking/Emb machine with a 10" throat, but they also have just a quilting machine with the 10" throat, too. I am FMQ on my second quilt ever, and my first time FMQing, and it's working out just fine- I'm doing a queen size. I love my Vikings and they hold the value longer than a lot of other brands.
I have the Sapphire 875, its built on the same chassis as the Husqvara Viking embroidery machines. I love having the 10" throat space. There are 3 machines in the Sapphire line,Tribute 140 and Sapphires 835 and 875. I used to work for HV and fell in love with the Sapphire 875. Its a great machine for both sewing and quilting.
I much prefer the bobbin that goes in under the machine with a removable bobbin case, its better for FMQ in my experience. But that being said, I can't afford the more expensive machines. I bought the Sapphire with my employee discount or I wouldn't have it. I'd really like to have a simple machine with the longer throat that just has straight and zig zag stitches for quilting.
Sharon

Last edited by purplefiend; 06-25-2013 at 04:35 PM.