Old 06-26-2013, 04:27 PM
Candace

No, the 820 and 830 are NOT the same exact machine. The 830 has increased memory files and does more stitches that use the sideways motion.

I have the 830 and I've had many, many problems. I wish I had waited as many folks have been having the same issues. You should really check out the 8 series group on yahoo and read through the many posts. The operating software has bugs that haven't been fixed and the sensors on the machine are a real Achilles heal. If I could do it over, I'd buy a longarm. People like to blame the user and say most of the problems are user error. Really? I've had over 2 thousand $$ worth of warranty work that has nothing to do with the user. And my mother board died in the emb. unit.
:< People also like to say ,"there are always some lemons." Well, based on the 8 series Yahoo group there are sure a LOT of lemons. I wouldn't like my odds and would buy a different machine if you want embroidery.

Mine was sent to Aurora for repair like so many others. Currently, it has yet another sensor out on it. I think this makes #6 sensor that has needed replacing.

Last edited by Candace; 06-26-2013 at 04:30 PM.