View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 04:04 AM
Skeat

This has been an excellent thread to keep reading!! I personally have enjoyed each and every response to this. We are all in the same boat and it makes me smile to realize we aren't alone in this thought:). It's a sad shame that too many quilting systems are what I call beyond any practicality in pricing to purchase and drag home...otherwise each and every one of us would have one and we would be whine over not having enough to quilt or something;)LOL I do wish that maybe we can start another thread for all of us that have learned the 'how to' or 'not to' on our own sewing machines to quilt...to help others and learn ourselves too from others. I am one who will not send mine off...I'd rather leave them in a pile then to pay the prices (not that they are worth it-so don't go there w/me longarmers!)I am just one who watches money...and, enjoys the making and to have each and every one quilted by someone else...would end my ability to keep making them:)So, I am one that quilts her own too...when I do, I pin baste 3 at a time to do in a row...:)One very helpful hint from a gal is not to cut off your excess off the outside of your quilt/batting until after you sew on your binding...it keeps everything from moving on you. Makes sense and I am going to try it next:)Thanks for sharing and being honest!! Skeat