Old 06-29-2013, 11:39 AM
petthefabric

Put dinner in the crock pot before you start.

Pray for strength, safeth, perseverence, patience, LOVE.

Get yourself a wad of $1 bills. Set a timer for 1/2 hour. Note your progress and say nice things to yourself. Put $1 in a jar for a treat later.

First, get everything out of the new room. Vacumn, dust, touch-up paint. Get the floor the way you want.

Next, decide on your floor plan; what will you use and where will you put you tables, storage, design wall. Will the previous space still be yours? Then storage of fabric and books can stay in there.

Put the furniture into your room.

One space that is retreaved gold is the area above a closet door. If you have batting on a roll, it will hang from that space perfectly. Or some kind of bin that will hold batting packages. One BIG item off the floor.

Hang the design wall.

Decide on lighting needs and get that installed.

Now, start putting things away. As mentioned before, get a big box for "recycle at another address". Have another box for "I want this but don't know where to put it". Those two catagories will be out of the way so you don't keep picking them up.

Another thing mentioned is rewards. What is special to you? And you can afford? I can't afford eating candy, so if that's a reward, I feel guilty for another reason. So pick something that will make you feel better. A massage? A long soak in the bath? A glass of wine? A photo posted on QB? A phone call to a friend who will rejoice with you?
A large note on the design wall? Take a box of cast off's to ________? Dance a gig?

Set a time for a break and meals. Get a glass of water. Don't neglect R&R.

Be nice to yourself! Only positive words!

Take this list for what it's worth, my 2 cents.