Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Thank You Keep the Motivation Coming Please! >

Thank You Keep the Motivation Coming Please!

Thank You Keep the Motivation Coming Please!

Old 06-29-2013, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by vondae View Post
YOU GET IN THAT ROOM AND START CLEANING. NOW!!! And I'd better not have to tell you again. LOL! Do I remind you of your mom. Well, whatever it takes. Once you get started, you will feel so good you won't be able to stop.
And, IF I HAVE TO TELL YOU AGAIN, I'M GOING TO GROUND YOU TO YOUR SEWING ROOM. LOL!! Oh you wish.
Keep saying, I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. Just keep telling yourself that... then DO IT!!!!!!!!! (I was shouting, could you hear me.)
Thanks for the "PEP TALK" vondae, I needed that. LOL (By the way, I think I did hear you. tee hee)
Old 06-29-2013, 11:39 AM

Put dinner in the crock pot before you start.

Pray for strength, safeth, perseverence, patience, LOVE.

Get yourself a wad of $1 bills. Set a timer for 1/2 hour. Note your progress and say nice things to yourself. Put $1 in a jar for a treat later.

First, get everything out of the new room. Vacumn, dust, touch-up paint. Get the floor the way you want.

Next, decide on your floor plan; what will you use and where will you put you tables, storage, design wall. Will the previous space still be yours? Then storage of fabric and books can stay in there.

Put the furniture into your room.

One space that is retreaved gold is the area above a closet door. If you have batting on a roll, it will hang from that space perfectly. Or some kind of bin that will hold batting packages. One BIG item off the floor.

Hang the design wall.

Decide on lighting needs and get that installed.

Now, start putting things away. As mentioned before, get a big box for "recycle at another address". Have another box for "I want this but don't know where to put it". Those two catagories will be out of the way so you don't keep picking them up.

Another thing mentioned is rewards. What is special to you? And you can afford? I can't afford eating candy, so if that's a reward, I feel guilty for another reason. So pick something that will make you feel better. A massage? A long soak in the bath? A glass of wine? A photo posted on QB? A phone call to a friend who will rejoice with you?
A large note on the design wall? Take a box of cast off's to ________? Dance a gig?

Set a time for a break and meals. Get a glass of water. Don't neglect R&R.

Be nice to yourself! Only positive words!

Take this list for what it's worth, my 2 cents.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:50 AM

My SIL said the thing I remember most, after our house had flooded and it had to be completely gutted down to the dirt floor in the crawl space. We didn't think we would ever get thru the rebuilding. So she asked "How do you eat an elephant?" I said I wouldn't know how (and thought why would you eat an elephant). And her answer was "One bite at a time."
So that's what we kept in mind and ended up with a beautiful home.
Good luck with your project (one bite at a time). There are lots of great suggestions here that I will use too!

Last edited by TinkerQuilts; 06-30-2013 at 06:51 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-02-2013, 11:44 PM

It's a long commute or I would
Old 07-03-2013, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
It's a long commute or I would
thanks nice offer
Old 07-07-2013, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
Put dinner in the crock pot before you start.

Pray for strength, safeth, perseverence, patience, LOVE.

Get yourself a wad of $1 bills. Set a timer for 1/2 hour. Note your progress and say nice things to yourself. Put $1 in a jar for a treat later.

First, get everything out of the new room. Vacumn, dust, touch-up paint. Get the floor the way you want.

Next, decide on your floor plan; what will you use and where will you put you tables, storage, design wall. Will the previous space still be yours? Then storage of fabric and books can stay in there.

Put the furniture into your room.

One space that is retreaved gold is the area above a closet door. If you have batting on a roll, it will hang from that space perfectly. Or some kind of bin that will hold batting packages. One BIG item off the floor.

Hang the design wall.

Decide on lighting needs and get that installed.

Now, start putting things away. As mentioned before, get a big box for "recycle at another address". Have another box for "I want this but don't know where to put it". Those two catagories will be out of the way so you don't keep picking them up.

Another thing mentioned is rewards. What is special to you? And you can afford? I can't afford eating candy, so if that's a reward, I feel guilty for another reason. So pick something that will make you feel better. A massage? A long soak in the bath? A glass of wine? A photo posted on QB? A phone call to a friend who will rejoice with you?
A large note on the design wall? Take a box of cast off's to ________? Dance a gig?

Set a time for a break and meals. Get a glass of water. Don't neglect R&R.

Be nice to yourself! Only positive words!

Take this list for what it's worth, my 2 cents.
Love your ideas! Thanks for posting them,
lots2do