View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 05:31 AM
SHELTIE'SMAMA

Being a pre-tv gal I find that I really like my magazines to leaf thru over and over. I have a lot - a lot! As I've grown as a quilter I now like different things than I did when I originally acquired the magazine. However, recently have decided that somehow I have to prune the collection. Still deciding how. I have a huge collection of stuff from on-line but still gravitate towards the magazines. I have been way more selective toward the books I purchase - usually purchased for the techniques rather than patterns. Every year our local library has a huge donated book sale and the hard-covers are $1.00. No time to browse - so I gobble up as many as I can (support the library) haul them home and then prune them by taking to guild meetings and put them on the free table. Nary a book left so far. Have decided that part of the quilting addiction is lots to choose from. Purchased a dedicated 6 foot tall bookcase and am losing the war - I need to get busy and prune some more so they all fit on. It appears this quilter stashes more than fabric. Will be watching this thread to see if I can pick up any organizational hints.