View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 09:17 AM
charsuewilson

Online info, and magazines are convenient for their weight, and all the information in one place -- your computer IF you are where your computer is. But what if you're waiting for an appointment somewhere? Or on a long trip in the car, train, bus, plane, commuting? Then I want something I can leaf through. So far, tablets have been too heavy and cumbersome for me to comfortably hold in my hand, and they don't have anywhere near the storage space as your computer. On car trips and some others I take throwaway magazines - those that I don't want to keep, to read and maybe tear out a thing or two. Books I usually use at home because of the weight, although they may go on a car trip.

And if you're talking about online as in search for it on line and read it there, there are too many places where there isn't wifi connectivity, including a number of my relatives' homes. So, that means that you have to go someplace or stop someplace to be able to search the web. That just isn't practical. I will search the internet while at home or if I know I'm going someplace with internet connectivity.