View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 10:28 PM
mom-6

As a relatively new quilter almost all my info has come from this board. Thank you all you wonderful people!!!!

Initially I did also have some magazines given me by a friend. However I find that magazines can be fragile as they age, especially if a young grandchild is around! Also much of the info in the magazines was not what really suited my interest, although I did get ideas that sparked my creativity in ways the authors probably never would have recognized as related to what they wrote.

Now that I have an iPhone, I use the "notes" feature to keep up with links to designs I might want to try at some future date. Very handy and always with me.

All that said, even though I have EQ7 on my computer, I find that I still prefer drawing out designs on quadrille graph paper with hand written notes as to cutting info - like "2 ea 2-1/2 x 4-1/2 and 4 ea 2-1/2 sq of each color, can get x sets per 2-1/2 x WOF strip."
Find it interesting that some of the designs I used to color in on graph paper as a teen I now recognize as quilt designs!

So I'm not totally a techie, but sure rely on it a lot. BTW - my second computer was a Commador 64. Don't remember what the model of the littleTI that I plugged into my TV monitor was.