View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 08:05 AM
CharlotteO

Default You won't believe what my sister did

My three sisters and Mom came to visit on June 23, and we sewed all week, as well as took in the AQS quilt show. Had a wonderful time.We have challenges each year, and we try to provide a project from each of us that is new to the other sisters. Whether is is paper crafting, knitting, or a project in advanced sewing/quilting, it is always fun. Unfortunately, I haven't mastered the technique that one sister provided. Not officially thread sketching, she drew part of the picture, then took off designing as she went. Isn't this amazing thread sketching. [ATTACH=CONFIG]422443[/ATTACH]One of my sisters mastered it faster then the other two. Another great job
[ATTACH=CONFIG]422445[/ATTACH]

Mom, even with her extremely limited vision was always helping with some project or another. My daughter in law had done a king size paper pieced quilt top, but hadn't removed the paper. Mom took on that job. [ATTACH=CONFIG]422447[/ATTACH]She also tied this quilt for me, a charity quilt designed by my ten year old grand daughter. [ATTACH=CONFIG]422451[/ATTACH]

Here is a shot of all of us hard at work. And Yes, I know it is a dreadful picture, but it does show us all hard at work. [ATTACH=CONFIG]422452[/ATTACH]

Here are the quilts we worked on for relatives. Two of us pieced each one, then switched quilts, and the other two quilted and did the binding. [ATTACH=CONFIG]422453[/ATTACH]This one is snowball,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]422454[/ATTACH]This is falling charms.

If you have family and/or friends to form a group like this, consider these get together's. We had an absolute blast. This spring it was at my home here in Ohio because we wanted to attend the quilt show. This fall it will be in North Carolina. [ATTACH=CONFIG]422455[/ATTACH]My older grand daughter also created a charity quilt, so once the other two quilts were done, one of my sisters needed something else to do. My granddaughter did the basic design, sis added the bunny.
Attached Thumbnails peacockb.jpg   tbass-flowers-etc-038.jpg   mom-lisas-quilt.jpg   mom-lisas-quilt.jpg   tbass-flowers-etc-024.jpg  

tbass-flowers-etc-013.jpg   hotsy-totsy.jpg   aunt-nell.jpg   claires-bunny-quilt.jpg  

Last edited by CharlotteO; 07-04-2013 at 08:08 AM. Reason: duplicate picture i couldn't remove, doesn't show up on edit screen,