View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 06:29 PM
blockgirl

Originally Posted by corklass44 View Post
Bummer 4th for me. I planned on sewing and bbq in between raindrops but then my iron quit working for me! I bought a Shark Rapido Electronic Iron about two years ago at K-Mart. The iron shuts off automatically if you are not moving it after so many minutes. (VERY ANNOYING) Today, the senser light will not funtion and the heat level would not rise above the nylon setting. I wiggled, shook and moved the connecting electrical cord, to no avail. I think this is $40 of scrap material!!

So now I am in the market for a new Steam Iron, but, being energy aware, I wonder how energy efficient are those little, triangular shaped, seam pressers? I am wondering if I would be better ahead buying both a new Steam iron and one of the smaller seam pressers? I only have one electricle outlet and one ironing board. Opines on brands encouraged, please.
About a year ago I broke down and purchased an Oliso steam iron with the itouch system and I have not regretted it. It is 1600 watts heats up fast and puts out a lot of steam. For class and group meeting I use my $7.00 Rowenta that I got at walmart. I tell you this about the Oliso....do not purchase the Pro version usually a yellow colored one. They haven't gotten the bugs ironed:-) out yet.