View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 05:29 AM
stitchinwitch

Yes! Do you remember years ago when newspeople gave the news - in their suits and read the copy with no extras??/ I guess the powers that be wanted them to be more "like friends coming into your home" and now they talk to each other more than they report.........Overall people have let themselves go - when is the last time anyone here wore a skirt or dress - or put on earrings and stockings and did their hair before they went even to the grovery store? oh, sorry to say, I have left those habits aside myself because people would look at you funny! and make comments.

There are snapshots of Laura Ingalls Wilder around here with makeup, hair all done. and a beautiful dress. Those of you that are under 50 don't remember any of this - but it was a grand old time. Yes, there is more exposed than there is hidden these days (doesn't it seem that these ladies/girls are so insecure about themselves, that they have to show some skin to get attention?)

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
the dtr always looks odd. I'm getting used to her a bit though. sad the partner retired and mom is about to it looks like. everything is relaxed these days. I doubt my granddtrs know how to sit like a lady. too few women newscasters or show Hosts know either. i'm tired of looking up their skirts. but then, I can always change the channel. Oh don't get me started on cleavage. red wrap dress with cleavage on the weather news. sigh!