Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Fons & Porter Quilting TV Show >

Fons & Porter Quilting TV Show

Fons & Porter Quilting TV Show

Old 07-09-2013, 02:31 PM

I'm so sorry to learn of Mary's health problems. She is so young to have to suffer such a serious and painful illness. However, her illness doesn't cause her melodrama which makes her hard to watch for some of us. You're right that we have channel selectors and on and off switches and I think that is what we are saying. We don't watch various programs because we don't enjoy the presentation. Which is a bad thing because there is a dearth of professional quilting programs in my area. But thankfully, the web offers many.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:20 PM

It does not bother me if someone does not like the same shows as me. It was the meanness of some of the remarks that annoyed me.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:04 PM

Oh brother I've never thought of them this way! They just look like normal hard working women to me.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:48 AM
AAD

well i am agreeing with Peggy. I am so tired of listening to Mary's "excited voice" I just don't watch the show anymore. The hair thing is really bad and I don't think of it as a model or an actor thing just a normal person looking like a professional. the scabbed finger thing does not bother me I know people have accidents but I never see other people doing the same shows have this look. to me they need to act professional not look like they are trying to get through another episode
Old 07-14-2013, 12:47 PM

It was on again yesterday and both Mary and Marianne looked beautiful. Their hair and clothes looked nice.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:13 PM

I feel better that I am not the only one who has noticed...I feel sure they watch the tape before it's approved. Maybe they new glasses.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
I like the show, it's only the bobbing head of the youngest that bothers me. Otherwise, the show is great!
Yes,yes, yes! She makes me a little crazy with the head bobbing. I do like the show too, but they don't have a script, which makes it a little hard to listen to. I wish they were a little bit more organized with what they are trying to say.
Eleanor Burns has a script and she comes across much more organized and is easier to follow.