View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 07:36 AM
mckwilter

Originally Posted by QuiltingSister View Post
I recently bought this iron, and love it. Have you ever had the sole plate leave a grayish mark on white fabric? I am now being careful to "press" and not iron my blocks to avoid this...especially with very light fabrics.
I just finished doing some red, white & blue blocks and didn't have any problem with that. Try cleaning off the sole plate with a used fabric softener sheet. If it will take off fusible, it should take off anything.

Also, I have my sewing machine, iron, lamp and fan all plugged in to a surge protector extension cord, which I plug and unplug every time I sew. I was told by an electrician that even the best surge protectors can get fried, so it is best to unplug anything you don't want hurt. He was talking about refrigerators, microwaves and computers, but my Bernina is more important to me than the microwave and cost a whole lot more, too. I can leave everything turned on instead of having to turn each one on, and by having everything plugged into one outlet, I am assured that when I unplug it, everything is off.

Last edited by mckwilter; 07-08-2013 at 07:50 AM.