View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Pat G

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Pat, thimblebug's second picture should help you. The outside edge does drop 3/4" with each addition. You trim it to a curve after the whole runner is together. I sew with the smaller piece on top. Just be very sure you do the same for each end. If you use the smaller piece on top on the first color, the small piece must be on top for the other color.
Thanks to both of you. I understand the 3/4" drop. It was putting those first 2 little pcs. together. I can see from the second & third pix that I had them layered wrong. I had put the 1" pc. on top, lined up the points, then sewed down the R side. I think it meant for me to put the larger pc. on top before stitching down the R side. . I'll work on it again tonight to see if I can do it right. This project smacked me around from the very beginning when I couldn't get all triangles from a strata. No matter how much I counted & recounted it wouldn't come out right. Like you, I thought I'd missed a strip but it counted right. Duh, I felt so dumb. I never let a project defeat me though so I will gitter done somehow. LOL.
I'll let you know if I run into problems again. I'm so glad you girls are out there to help.