Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
all 4 of the spicy spirals >

all 4 of the spicy spirals

all 4 of the spicy spirals

Old 07-08-2013, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Pat, thimblebug's second picture should help you. The outside edge does drop 3/4" with each addition. You trim it to a curve after the whole runner is together. I sew with the smaller piece on top. Just be very sure you do the same for each end. If you use the smaller piece on top on the first color, the small piece must be on top for the other color.
Thanks to both of you. I understand the 3/4" drop. It was putting those first 2 little pcs. together. I can see from the second & third pix that I had them layered wrong. I had put the 1" pc. on top, lined up the points, then sewed down the R side. I think it meant for me to put the larger pc. on top before stitching down the R side. . I'll work on it again tonight to see if I can do it right. This project smacked me around from the very beginning when I couldn't get all triangles from a strata. No matter how much I counted & recounted it wouldn't come out right. Like you, I thought I'd missed a strip but it counted right. Duh, I felt so dumb. I never let a project defeat me though so I will gitter done somehow. LOL.
I'll let you know if I run into problems again. I'm so glad you girls are out there to help.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:09 PM

Pat, thimblebug's second picture should help you. The outside edge does drop 3/4" with each addition. You trim it to a curve after the whole runner is together. I sew with the smaller piece on top. Just be very sure you do the same for each end. If you use the smaller piece on top on the first color, the small piece must be on top for the other color.
I went back & reread your msg. You say you sew the sm. pc. on top. Do you still sew down the R side? I'll play around with mine tonight to see if it makes more sense to me today.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:19 PM

Yes, I still sew down the right side, the fold out the seam and use what was the larger piece as the smaller and keep going. I do both halves at once by chain piecing. So when you use all 25 sets you only need to press and sew the halves together. I found a piece behind the machine on my last one. No one but me can find the jump where it was left out, so if you have 24, just go for it.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:02 PM

Yes, I still sew down the right side, the fold out the seam and use what was the larger piece as the smaller and keep going. I do both halves at once by chain piecing. So when you use all 25 sets you only need to press and sew the halves together. I found a piece behind the machine on my last one. No one but me can find the jump where it was left out, so if you have 24, just go for it.
Hooray for me. Thanks to you Irishrose & Thimblebug's pix I figured it out & am now on a hot roll. From the pattern pix, I just could not get those first 2 pcs. laid out right. I'm good to go now thanks to you 2 ladies. Yest. I was tempted to toss the whole thing without you. LOL. Not me. Too cheap to lose that much fabric. Now I have to figure out how to send pix when I get it really going.
Thanks so much for your kind help.

Pat
Old 07-08-2013, 05:16 PM

Pat, do you have the row of icons on the top of your 'Quick Reply" box? Particularly the one third from the right that looks like a framed picture of a tree? Can you get your picture from the camera to the computer?

Glad to hear that the runner is going together. I haven't made one for me yet. 4 for daughters, 1 for a DGD, 2 for charities. Should be my turn pretty soon.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:22 PM

This looks fun if all goes well. I think I'll try it. First need to get the pattern. They're very pretty.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Power Poster

Wow the colors are very interesting
Old 07-11-2013, 02:18 PM

I have done this pattern and at first I just couldn,t figure it out until I got help from this board. I have done a lot of them since and they are great for little presents.