View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 06:42 PM
dc989

This is an interesting thread. I agree that the show is not nearly as good without Liz. Liz and Marianne had a good chemistry and I always liked their projects. Mary irritates me with the faces, wisecracks etc. I always think she doesn't know what she's doing.

I quite frankly think the magazine is not nearly as good either. I am thinking I won't renew it because the projects are not as appealing to me. I recently thumbed through a stack of their old issues (late 90's and early 2000). Now I know why I saved them. I liked almost everything in each issue.

I have always been an Eleanor Burns fan. She is an excellent teacher and I love the way she brings historical aspects of quilting into her show. I meet her last year at Sew Expo in WA state. She was just like one of us girls and was so friendly and encouraging. Nancy Zieman is also a gracious, class act lady and an excellent teacher. Meet her at Expo a few years ago and was majorly impressed with her. I love the way she teaches lots of aspects of sewing, quilting and so on. I have enjoyed reading how both of these women took their love of sewing and built a business which has prospered. They are both great role models.