Old 07-09-2013, 10:18 AM
Skratchie

Default Torn between two lovers - errr ... rooms. I meant rooms!

Just a little levity for Monday morning. ;-)

So here's the deal. In a couple weeks, my little poaching spare "son" (my son's best friend who's been living with us for the last year) goes off to college, so I will have a spare bedroom in the house. Currently, my studio is part of the master bedroom, which is H U G E, but with bedroom furniture, not very conducive to much more than keeping my large sewing table in it permanently. I could also use some of the wall space for storage. I'm not sure which of the two secondary bedrooms I will end up with, as we've told my son he can use either for his room going forward. His room is oddly shaped, but my daughter insists it's bigger than the room the spare has now (it was her room before she moved out, so I'm not sure if she is the best judge LOL).

I NEED to move my computer desk from our master to the spare room as I work from home often and my day starts much earlier than my husband's, and I'm considering putting my cutting table and some fabric/notions storage in it as well. But I'm not sure how well it will work out if my sewing machine isn't in there as well. If you've had your supplies and machines between two rooms, how has it worked out for you? I'm tempted to try putting all of my sewing/quilting things in one room, but I'm pretty sure it won't all fit.

I'm open to suggestions - the only thing that's not on the table is moving our bed to the spare room - my husband won't go for it. LOL I have a large desk, a large sewing table and a cutting table, plus I will need lots of room for storage. The spare room I think I'll have is about 11x14-ish. My husband thinks I should leave the sewing table/machine in our room and move the desk and cutting table.

Ideas?