Old 07-09-2013, 01:09 PM
bearisgray
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Skratchie View Post
The desk absolutely cannot stay in the same room as our bed. That's not negotiable. I start working at 6 am on the days I work from home (three days a week, on average) and my husband snores. LOUDLY. I almost always have calls that early and it's not working at all for me.

I am going to talk to DH this afternoon when I get home and see what's on his mind. A couple months ago he was opposed to moving the bed, but he sent me a text this afternoon that said he might be open to it. He's a pretty easy-going guy, and he usually does whatever he can to make me happy. :-) He has an office space and a workshop of his own, so he understands the problem. We just need to come up with something workable for both of us.
Sometimes it takes a while for the "seed of an idea" to "sprout"

My Mom would get SO annoyed at her husband (and others, too) when she would suggest an idea - and the response was "That is the most stupid thing I've ever heard" - and then someone else - a week or month or year later - would suggest the very same thing - and the response would be "That's a GREAT idea! I think I'll do it/get it/try it!"

She eventually came to the conclusion that the seed of an idea sometimes needs to be planted in someone's mind - and usually she was just happy when "someone" eventually came around to doing what she wanted in the first place. Although she would have been happier with IMMEDIATE cooperation!

It's great that you have some extra space to work with.