Old 07-13-2013, 04:09 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Probably from the 1980s+ all mechanical 'Domestic' is the name on it - I've seen other names on similar machines. White, New Home, Elgin and others. You might find a model number on the motor or the back of the machine. It sounds like you can make it sew. Just give it a good shot of Tri-flow on all the moving parts. I would prefer it to an electronic machine. Some time we should do a thread about that era machine. They are boxy, usually white with some cool color - very colorful stitch selection markers at the top and like you said built in bobbin holders or a box to hold attachments - not horrible machines but not Singer 401 either - usually can be had for not too much money and most aren't too heavy. Domestic was owned by White - maybe that is why I see similarities. Some of those machines have a button or lever or knob that made those decorative stitches go in reverse or do a different pattern so each pattern space gets you more stitch selection - kind of fun to fool around with. Yours is at D E and F - those do two different stitches. You have to set something else to get them to change though.

Last edited by miriam; 07-13-2013 at 04:16 PM.