Thread: what happened?
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 04:16 PM
CAS49OR

Super Member<dl class="userinfo_extra" style="margin: 2.5px 0px; float: left; width: 190px; height: auto !important;"><dt style="margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Join Date</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Apr 2007</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Location</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">North-Central Indiana</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Posts</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">2,791</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Blog Entries</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">1</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Feedback Score</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">2 (100%)</dd></dl>

Originally Posted by Tracy Delegal

I don't know how much longer I will be here before banishment, but I too have had posts and threads deleted. In all my web dealings a thread is locked and you can see the reason for why. Maybe they don't want to scare everyone off in posting by leaving the reasons or the threads, but they should so everyone can see what was wrong. It can also be a reminder.

I posted my artwork this morning. Never use a website....yours or anyone else's. I guess it is alright to post a link to a blog, but be careful, that might be wrong too. Some folks either get overlooked or some of us newbies might be under the microscope. Not sure. But, many of us want to learn. And we can't get there if we are consistently being hounded.

Soon you drive off those that give the most contribution to the site. JMHO

I agree. I left this board for 2 yrs but finally came back because honestly, no other quilting board has the traffic this one does. But just deleting posts willy nilly would do more to scare off newbies than to have a thoughtful public explanation as to why a post is gone. But this wasrought up years ago and it's still the same.\
\
Nothing here is done willy-nilly. We have wonderful moderators. and they keep on top of things. I have had thread deleted, moved, etc.