Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what happened? >

what happened?

what happened?

Old 07-13-2013, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Tracy Delegal View Post
I don't know how much longer I will be here before banishment, but I too have had posts and threads deleted. In all my web dealings a thread is locked and you can see the reason for why. Maybe they don't want to scare everyone off in posting by leaving the reasons or the threads, but they should so everyone can see what was wrong. It can also be a reminder.

I posted my artwork this morning. Never use a website....yours or anyone else's. I guess it is alright to post a link to a blog, but be careful, that might be wrong too. Some folks either get overlooked or some of us newbies might be under the microscope. Not sure. But, many of us want to learn. And we can't get there if we are consistently being hounded.

Soon you drive off those that give the most contribution to the site. JMHO
I agree. I left this board for 2 yrs but finally came back because honestly, no other quilting board has the traffic this one does. But just deleting posts willy nilly would do more to scare off newbies than to have a thoughtful public explanation as to why a post is gone. But this was brought up years ago and it's still the same.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:12 PM

Maybe there is nothing interesting about corners? We've all seen them.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:16 PM

Super Member<dl class="userinfo_extra" style="margin: 2.5px 0px; float: left; width: 190px; height: auto !important;"><dt style="margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Join Date</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Apr 2007</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Location</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">North-Central Indiana</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Posts</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">2,791</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Blog Entries</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">1</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Feedback Score</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">2 (100%)</dd></dl>

Originally Posted by Tracy Delegal

I don't know how much longer I will be here before banishment, but I too have had posts and threads deleted. In all my web dealings a thread is locked and you can see the reason for why. Maybe they don't want to scare everyone off in posting by leaving the reasons or the threads, but they should so everyone can see what was wrong. It can also be a reminder.

I posted my artwork this morning. Never use a website....yours or anyone else's. I guess it is alright to post a link to a blog, but be careful, that might be wrong too. Some folks either get overlooked or some of us newbies might be under the microscope. Not sure. But, many of us want to learn. And we can't get there if we are consistently being hounded.

Soon you drive off those that give the most contribution to the site. JMHO

I agree. I left this board for 2 yrs but finally came back because honestly, no other quilting board has the traffic this one does. But just deleting posts willy nilly would do more to scare off newbies than to have a thoughtful public explanation as to why a post is gone. But this wasrought up years ago and it's still the same.\
\
Nothing here is done willy-nilly. We have wonderful moderators. and they keep on top of things. I have had thread deleted, moved, etc.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:17 PM

Since I couldn't [put that where it belongs:
Nothing here is done willy-nilly. We have wonderful moderators. and they keep on top of things. I have had thread deleted, moved, etc.
Regardless, this board rules! Thanks Moderators!

Old 07-13-2013, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
That must be it!
Old 07-13-2013, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
Really? Maybe some people here haven't seen them all. These were different and even though I've been looking at quilts online for many years, I have not seen corners like these. Just because YOU have seen them doesn't mean everyone has. And just because almost everyone has seen them doesn't make it a good reason to delete a thread. But it's nice that the board has its loyal cheerleaders.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:39 PM

CAS49OR--I think both your comments were rude and I think if there was an honest poll, there would be a strong majority feeling that this place is over moderated. As a few posters have mentioned (ube particularly), if we can't post our opinions on products and services both postitive and negative, how are we to learn?

It is up to us posters to keep this a nice enviornment where we can learn and get support from each other about our quilting experiences.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:40 PM

LOL, seriously, I love the corners on the quilt posted in this thread, what a neat idea! I've never seen that done before, and I was attempting a JOKE when I said maybe it wasn't an interesting thread. Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. I have to remember to put that LOL or smiley in there. A dry sense of humor does is not apparent in a typed statement. I have had threads removed and been advised to read the rules and I can usually find the reason there. If not, I write the moderator that informed me my thread was moved or removed and she will tell me why.

On the other hand I've had tons of the links I share left on board. I also see many others have posted, and love this board!

Originally Posted by CAS49ORMaybe there is nothing interesting about corners? We've all seen them.

That must be it!