Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what happened?

what happened?

I was looking at a post titled "intersting corners", and now I can't find it. Did anyone save the link attached to it?

Blog Entries
    A couple things may have happened. It may have been posted in the wrong forum and moved or someone may have done something against the rules like attached a scanned photo from a book or pattern etc. and the thread was removed. Here are the forum rules. It's good to review them occasionally!
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help...s-t165268.html
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Most times when the board removes a thread, there is an explanation. When was it released? Do you remember?

Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraTX View Post
    I was looking at a post titled "intersting corners", and now I can't find it. Did anyone save the link attached to it?
    I've looked at that too and still had the blog open. I hope it's ok to post that for you. http://pinkpincushion.blogspot.com/2...-baby.html?m=1
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Power Poster
    I wish that when a thread is taken off, they would leave the title but put a symbol next to it. Maybe a red C for copy write infringement, a big red R for rule infringement etc... I search and search and finally figure it has been removed but it drives me up the wall!

Power Poster
    explanations would be helpful - might minimize the chance for errors by the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraTX View Post
    You have a misspelling . . interEsting corners. . Was it spelled that way when it was posted or did you look for it that way?
    Ruth

SheriR - that's it! thanks so much. I've bookmarked it.

That baby quilt is adorable!!! Thanks for sharing the link.

Thanks for finding the blog, those dresden corners really finish off those little flower dresdens!

Blog Entries
    It is an adorable baby quilt trying pictures. Those flowers were fantastic with new corners.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Banned
    Oh, that looks familiar -- what a surprise! Very nice corners too. She did a wonderful job.

Blog Entries
    I think think there are a lot of rules being broken all the time and I have to admit that I am one of them. Here is my confession. I have posted cover pics' of patterns I have made thinking it actually promoted a persons pattern. I have also mentioned certain products with favorable and unfavorable reviews of them. How else is any one who asks for information going to get it? Some one has to make a statement about stuff. That is how we learn.

I like certain fabric brands and quilters. I am certainly a rule breaker, happily!
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Quote Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
    I've looked at that too and still had the blog open. I hope it's ok to post that for you. http://pinkpincushion.blogspot.com/2...-baby.html?m=1
    OMGosh this is the cutest quilt and corners. I just love it.

omg what a cute quilt just when I think I've seen the cutest ever more keep popping love the Dresden corners

Blog Entries
    I think that is about the cutest baby quilt I have ever seen. I have never been the greatest fan of Dresden quilts, but that one is just darling. Do you know whether the lady made her own pattern up or if that is a purchased pattern. I just love that quilt. Dudh!! I did not read the beginning of her statement, was just looking at the quilt. She lists the pattern name and the designer at the beginning. Sorry!! pays to "read directions first" lol.

I am the one who posted it originally. It was taken down, and rightly so, but to be honest, I don't fully understand the right way to make this info available.
    I'm glad someone posted the link to it, because I do think the corner design is original. I guess that is the right way since it is still here?
    Good to see I'm not alone in that thinking it's very cute.

Like I said, I don't fully understand the rules, but I do hate to break them. It seems every 3 mos or so I do make a post that is taken down. I hate to fall back on my brain injury, but I'm going to blame that for just not fully understanding the rules, so I bet it will happen again.
    Sorry to make extra work for the mods. Please forgive me, it is certainly not intentional
    You know that feeling when you've finished all your quilting projects and your studio is perfectly clean???? Me neither.

It's not how fast you sew, it's how well you sew fast! Wait, I think that's supposed to be MOW!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    I wish that when a thread is taken off, they would leave the title but put a symbol next to it. Maybe a red C for copy write infringement, a big red R for rule infringement etc... I search and search and finally figure it has been removed but it drives me up the wall!
    I agree with this. They do it often enough that there should be something.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RugosaB View Post
    I am the one who posted it originally. It was taken down, and rightly so, but to be honest, I don't fully understand the right way to make this info available.
    I'm glad someone posted the link to it, because I do think the corner design is original. I guess that is the right way since it is still here?
    Good to see I'm not alone in that thinking it's very cute.

Like I said, I don't fully understand the rules, but I do hate to break them. It seems every 3 mos or so I do make a post that is taken down. I hate to fall back on my brain injury, but I'm going to blame that for just not fully understanding the rules, so I bet it will happen again.
    Sorry to make extra work for the mods. Please forgive me, it is certainly not intentional
    I can't imagine why it was not allowed but don't feel too bad. The first time I had a post removed I was all hurt and offended but I got used to it after a few more. LOL

I don't know how much longer I will be here before banishment, but I too have had posts and threads deleted. In all my web dealings a thread is locked and you can see the reason for why. Maybe they don't want to scare everyone off in posting by leaving the reasons or the threads, but they should so everyone can see what was wrong. It can also be a reminder.

I posted my artwork this morning. Never use a website....yours or anyone else's. I guess it is alright to post a link to a blog, but be careful, that might be wrong too. Some folks either get overlooked or some of us newbies might be under the microscope. Not sure. But, many of us want to learn. And we can't get there if we are consistently being hounded.

Soon you drive off those that give the most contribution to the site. JMHO

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Delegal View Post
    I don't know how much longer I will be here before banishment, but I too have had posts and threads deleted. In all my web dealings a thread is locked and you can see the reason for why. Maybe they don't want to scare everyone off in posting by leaving the reasons or the threads, but they should so everyone can see what was wrong. It can also be a reminder.

I posted my artwork this morning. Never use a website....yours or anyone else's. I guess it is alright to post a link to a blog, but be careful, that might be wrong too. Some folks either get overlooked or some of us newbies might be under the microscope. Not sure. But, many of us want to learn. And we can't get there if we are consistently being hounded.

I agree. I left this board for 2 yrs but finally came back because honestly, no other quilting board has the traffic this one does. But just deleting posts willy nilly would do more to scare off newbies than to have a thoughtful public explanation as to why a post is gone. But this was brought up years ago and it's still the same.

Maybe there is nothing interesting about corners? We've all seen them.
    :-)
    CAS

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Originally Posted by Tracy Delegal

I agree. I left this board for 2 yrs but finally came back because honestly, no other quilting board has the traffic this one does. But just deleting posts willy nilly would do more to scare off newbies than to have a thoughtful public explanation as to why a post is gone. But this wasrought up years ago and it's still the same.\
    \
    Nothing here is done willy-nilly. We have wonderful moderators. and they keep on top of things. I have had thread deleted, moved, etc.

CAS

Since I couldn't [put that where it belongs:
    Nothing here is done willy-nilly. We have wonderful moderators. and they keep on top of things. I have had thread deleted, moved, etc.
    Regardless, this board rules! Thanks Moderators!

CAS

Quote Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
    Maybe there is nothing interesting about corners? We've all seen them.
    That must be it!
    You know that feeling when you've finished all your quilting projects and your studio is perfectly clean???? Me neither.

It's not how fast you sew, it's how well you sew fast! Wait, I think that's supposed to be MOW!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast