View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 11:40 PM
Lisanne

SaraSewing, your Rosy Slush sounds like something I'd like to try!

I don't know that my stuffing is so off-the-wall, but being Jewish, my family used challah (Jewish bread) as the base for the stuffing. I've tried others over the years, from instant mixes to cornbread stuffing recipes, and they're good, but no Thanksgiving stuffing tastes completely right to me unless it's made with challah.

I've been through some tough times in my life, so when things got better, Thanksgiving became a very meaningful holiday for me. I would reflect on the things I was thankful for.

This year, after being unemployed for 18 months and with both my unemployment and my health insurance ending this month, I was going to skip it. But I just got contacted for a job interview, so I may have a limited holiday and call it a "Thanksgiving of Hope" - and if I get the job, I'll do a real Thanksgiving when I finally see a paycheck (which, the way they're moving, won't be until late next spring, and will be less than half what I was making - about the same amount as my unemployment check is now, actually - but will at least keep me going.)