Old 07-14-2013, 12:40 PM
Sammie!

Default Standard Rotary Machine

Originally Posted by guinnivire View Post
Hi, I recently purchased a 1904 Standard Rotary Treadle Sewing Machine. I have read a lot of the old posts on the board, and saw a couple others have my same machine. I am trying to get my machine up and running. I have looked everywhere for a manual for the machine and the attachments that came with it, and have not been able to find anything. Does anyone have an instruction manual for this machine, and hopefully the attachments, that you wouldn't mind uploading for me? And, I found that it takes a special needle called a Hygenic Standard Central Needle, is this true, and where do you find that? The man at the sewing repair shop said that most machines take a regular needle, the same that goes on regular sewing machines, is this true? Thanks for your help, Guinnivire
Hi Guinnivire,
You have just bought one of my Favorite machines. I have had at least 3 of the Standards. I am now the proud owner of a "slim" model in perfect condition, inside and out. What I love about these machines is the chain-stitch capabilities and the very well made accessories among many other things. Now as for the needles, don't worry, they take regular household sewing machine needles that you can get at Joann's! Id love to set up a web page just for this machine, but if you have access to this blog you should be able to find an awful lot of information right here. These machines came with a variety of tensions and therefore a variety od ways to thread them up. Do a search on "Standard sewing machine" or "Standard Rotary machine" and see what pops up. If you run into trouble please feel free to contact me and I will do what I can to help you. I do have a manual I will share, but I'm just not sure how to get it to you. It is in PDF form and it is a conglomeration of several manuals that I put together and pretty well encompasses the different varieties out there. Sammie

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-26-2018 at 04:21 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps