Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
1904 Standard Rotary Treadle Sewing Machine >

1904 Standard Rotary Treadle Sewing Machine

1904 Standard Rotary Treadle Sewing Machine

Old 08-25-2015, 07:58 AM

Hi ladies! I am new to this site as well, but have a question. I was just given a 1904 Standard Sewing machine with cabinet, and it is missing the trim on one of the fake drawers along the right hand side of the cabinet. Anyone have any ideas in how I may find someone to repair it, or locate a replacement part? I hope I am posting this in the correct spot!
Old 08-25-2015, 09:38 AM

Welcome! You can try Ebay for it. If you see someone selling either Standard parts of the right era or Standard treadle cabinet parts but not the right one, ask them. They may have it but not have it listed.
The other option I can think of is try finding a local woodworker or antique furniture restorer. They may be able to make a replacement.
Rodney
Old 08-26-2018, 03:16 PM

Default Thank you!

Originally Posted by sewandtellquilts View Post
Here is a link to the manual https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2P3...it?usp=sharing from Sewandtellquilts blog.
Incredible that you have this manual. What a help. Thank you.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by sewandtellquilts View Post
Here is a link to the manual https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2P3...it?usp=sharing from Sewandtellquilts blog.
That's wonderful! I just got a Standard treadle, a bit rusty to read the serial just yet and the treadle cabinet needs a little work on the finish, but it has a plethora of attachments in the drawers. I think it's the slim one from what I see online.
Old 02-21-2020, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Sammie! View Post
Hi Guinnivire,
You have just bought one of my Favorite machines. I have had at least 3 of the Standards. I am now the proud owner of a "slim" model in perfect condition, inside and out. What I love about these machines is the chain-stitch capabilities and the very well made accessories among many other things. Now as for the needles, don't worry, they take regular household sewing machine needles that you can get at Joann's! Id love to set up a web page just for this machine, but if you have access to this blog you should be able to find an awful lot of information right here. These machines came with a variety of tensions and therefore a variety od ways to thread them up. Do a search on "Standard sewing machine" or "Standard Rotary machine" and see what pops up. If you run into trouble please feel free to contact me and I will do what I can to help you. I do have a manual I will share, but I'm just not sure how to get it to you. It is in PDF form and it is a conglomeration of several manuals that I put together and pretty well encompasses the different varieties out there. Sammie
Hello member(s) of this old thread! I am cleaning up my great grandmother's Rotary "Economy" (stout) and was highly amused by the introduction to the manual posted further down thread than this. Apparently I own the greatest machine ever made?! I would love if I could do chain stitch on I don't think the spider is in the attachments box so I'm probably out of luck there.
The big question on my mind is: can I get more bobbins somewhere? The attachments and machine all seem ok, other than a good bit of grease and lint balls on the workings, but the bobbin... it is rusted and pitted and just not what a bobbin should be. There's a reason I love Singers. You usually know what you're getting into with the bobbins.

Hopeful,
Anna H.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:07 PM

Welcome, Anna. There are some old 15 class bobbins that might work. There was a thread about them working at Source for old Standard rotary bobbins There was another one, too, but can't find it now.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
'
Old 06-27-2020, 09:30 AM

Here it is, 2020 and I have just found your pdf manual for my Standard Treadle Machine! Thank you for providing it.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:13 AM

welcome aboard KChoupt. We are here to help.
Old 07-12-2021, 06:19 AM

I have recently been given a Standard Rotary. I wondering if someone could give the parts to the tension knob and what order the parts go in.
Old 07-12-2021, 06:44 AM

Welcome, DesireeAnnN. I don't have a Standard. Perhaps, if you post a photo, someone should be able to tell you. Most are fairly similar.

We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Or simply - Make sure pictures are smaller than 2MB
Click on red "Reply" button
Click on the paper clip icon
Click browse - choose picture/s. (only 5 allowed per post)
Once they show up as being loaded, Scroll over to the right side and click on "Upload"
After the pictures show up as being attached, you can close that window and go back to the screen to finish posting your post.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.