Thread: Where?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 07:00 AM
kim_s

Originally Posted by Shorebird View Post
I got my large one from Martelli at a quilt show. They also have REDLINE sales 2 or 3 times a year on line where everything except their machines and large cutting tables are 50% off........I think their mats are far superior to the Olfa mats.........and if you wait for the sales or pick one up at one of the quilt shows, they are similar in price. I have gone thru 2 large OLFA mats before I found the Martelli ones.........and have had mine now for 4 years and it looks as good as the day I bought it.......no nicks, no slits with fabric stuck in them...........(can you tell I am a bit hard on my cutters and mats?)
I saw the Martelli mats at the Long Beach quilt show last year and was really impressed by how sturdy they seemed. I ended up finding the mid size at HSN and this is simply the best mat period! Wish I would have purchased the larger one but I am happy to have this one. You don't have to store it flat like the Olfa's and you can even iron on it. If you can afford it I highly recommend it. I have had mine for almost a year and don't know how I got on without it.