Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where?

Blog Entries

Where?

Where do you ladies buy your largest cutting mats and where do you find the best price. I want a large one to fit my desk! Thanks in advance!

Blog Entries
    i bought mine back when Joann's allowed me to buy it with a 50% off coupon. Only cost me $20, but I think the same 1 is about $60. It fits the top of the foldup table that I bought from Joanns. I also have several smaller ones and 1 that I taped to the one side of the table so I have 2 large ones if needed at the same time.

Blog Entries
    I purchased mine when I had my horn table it fits table exactly. My next one down I ordered from a shop in Lichfield UK . And picked it up on a very windy day. Should have seen me flying down the high street.
    I don't take either out of the house they have their own places to stay.
    Finished is better than a UFO

I needed a large mat 30" wide to fit my table, and found an Alvin 30" x 42" at Hayneedle.com. Free shipping. Have had it more than 2 years and I'm still very pleased with it.
    http://www.hayneedle.com/product/alv...uttingmats.cfm

Daffy

Quote Originally Posted by cherylmae View Post
    Where do you ladies buy your largest cutting mats and where do you find the best price. I want a large one to fit my desk! Thanks in advance!
    I don't have it, but there is a sewing table who's top is a cutting mat. I'd love it if I had the money and the space
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Blog Entries
    shortest thread title ever. lol

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Mine is 36x36. Works well for me. I've seen them all over. I had a 20% coupon from JoAnn's. Don't remember what I paid for it.

Blog Entries
    I have two Beba's mats that I purchased at quilt shows. The show price on the largest 29" by 59" (plus borders) was $60.00 and included an 8" by 8" bonus mat.
    Sunnie
    a dog show & quilt addict
    www.buckhollow.net

Tuesday Morning has a mat that's 40" wide by I think 66" - it hung over the edges of my dining table. Currently using one from JoAnn's that's 36" x 36" and is perfect.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

I compare prices at JoAnns and amazon. If the coupon I have for Joanns would give me a better price than on Amazon, I buy it at JoAnns. Otherwise, I've generally found that Amazon is less expensive. Of course, you do have to wait a few days to get your new toy in the mail. Recently I wanted a small mat to keep next to my sewing machine and I purchased a 18" x 12" Fiskars mat on Amazon for about $12.

Take a look at overstock.com and walmart.com as well. Haven't been to either in a while for quilting supplies but both have had mats in the past. And you can do a walmart free ship to store.

Quote Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
    I purchased mine when I had my horn table it fits table exactly. My next one down I ordered from a shop in Lichfield UK . And picked it up on a very windy day. Should have seen me flying down the high street.
    I don't take either out of the house they have their own places to stay.
    Reminds me when I bought 3 metres of bondaweb on a very windy day, and it somehow came out of the bag. Ever seen anyone running after a long piece of what would look like to any onlooker, a long piece of paper. It wrapped itself around a post. people must have thought I was mad trying to unwrap it.I did get it home, alas a little bit battered

Blog Entries
    I have the large- 36"x59" one from joannes- first one I bought I used a 40% coupon to get- this second one I picked up-just happened to catch a sale- it was only $39. I've been noticing they have been putting the folding cutting table, cutting mat & ironing mat on sale more often than they used to be.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Blog Entries
    I have my DM's and mine. Large and medium purchased YEARS ago from Clotilde catalog. Do not ask me the prices! My memory is aging but not getting better!

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Get a 50% off coupon at Joanne's or wait until they are 50% off.

Blog Entries

Large Cutting Mat

I got my large one from Martelli at a quilt show. They also have REDLINE sales 2 or 3 times a year on line where everything except their machines and large cutting tables are 50% off........I think their mats are far superior to the Olfa mats.........and if you wait for the sales or pick one up at one of the quilt shows, they are similar in price. I have gone thru 2 large OLFA mats before I found the Martelli ones.........and have had mine now for 4 years and it looks as good as the day I bought it.......no nicks, no slits with fabric stuck in them...........(can you tell I am a bit hard on my cutters and mats?)

Blog Entries
    I bought most of my biggest mats from Tuesday Morning Store a few years ago. I bought six of the biggest Olfa mats for $9.99. Some are Fons and Porter no line Olfa mats. I haven't seen them in the store in a long time but if I do I'll post. I bought enough to cover every table surface in my sewing room and a few to keep extra. I have the mats doubled on some tables. The last one I bought was the biggest. It is 55" x 36" Sullivans for $30. It covers a folding table. It's so handy to be able to cut where ever I'm at in my sewing room. I have June Taylor and Fiskars mats on top of the Ofa mats. I have Martelli mat on my Alto Quilt Cut and it's very nice. I am mat poor.
    Last edited by BellaBoo; 07-15-2013 at 04:59 AM.
    Got fabric?

Vat
    I am with Shorebird, Martelli is the very best. They are expensive but well worth every penny. I have had mine for 4-6 years and it also looks like the day I brought it home. Both sides. I don't think you will ever regret buying one. They are out of Florida.

Blog Entries
    Hobby Lobby with a coupon or Joann's with a coupon. Never without a coupon!

I bought my large one from Joann's with a 40% off coupon. Love it! Covers my dining table.

Cutting Mat

I purchased the largest cutting mat that Martelli carries when they had a half-price sale. It repairs itself. I really like it! I also have one of those hard ones (acrylic?) that are used in fabric stores. I got it at an estate sale for $20.

Blog Entries
    I am glad you posted this I have been looking for a new cutting mat. I have one of the white ones from JoAnns and have had it for 3 years and it is worn out. I turned it last year so I would be doing most of my cutting in a different spot. That spot is worn out too. It cost quite a bit and I think it should have lasted longer than it did. I would really like a 36x48 or 48x48 mat to cover my cutting table. How do I find out when Martelli has their sale?? I want a good one that will last. I have an old olfa one that is still good but I need a bigger one.

Don't forget to look at Wal Mart. I recently bought a 24 x 36 inch mat at Wal Mart for about 1/2 what I had seen it for anywhere else. Later in the week JoAnn's had a closeout on the same mat--a Fiskars--for $2 more because JoAnns was closing them out. I really like the mat because it is truly reversible. froggyintexas

I completely agree with the Martelli. I don't have one but a friend who had a quilt shop di have one and it was the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vat View Post
    I am with Shorebird, Martelli is the very best. They are expensive but well worth every penny. I have had mine for 4-6 years and it also looks like the day I brought it home. Both sides. I don't think you will ever regret buying one. They are out of Florida.
    Creativity is the essence of the soul
    Sandi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast