Old 07-21-2013, 09:31 AM
FroggyinTexas

Originally Posted by weezie View Post
I finished this top today. It is called Blackford's Beauty and is destined for my eldest DD's queen sized bed. Because of the piping on either side of the narrow border, this quilt is spectacularly flawed. I am satisfied with the piecing (which took me over a year to do ... just a bit every evening), but I could not get the piping to cooperate ... need I say that I will not be putting piping on any more quilts?

As I auditioned fabrics from my stash, the one I chose for the border seemed to be perfect; now that it is attached, however, it seems to jump out and annoy me. Although I'm not changing anything about this quilt (except for quilting and binding, I am done!) but I am attaching a not-very-good picture and would like to know what you think, in particular about the border. Thank you!
My mother often cautioned me with these words: "If you keep fooling with that, you are going to ruin it." I think the quilt is lovely. The border is strong enough to hold all those gorgeou stars together. But if you are just not satisfied, take the stitches out very carfully. froggyintexas