View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 07:42 AM
mckwilter

Jan, where is the retreat? Your avatar says Gulf Coast, and I'm in the Houston area. Four days sounds like heaven. I know you will get a lot accomplished. I made myself a portable ironing table from a wooden TV table purchased at WalMart. Covered it with 2 thin layers of batting, a piece of the Teflon fabric and muslin. It's just the right height to sit and press at. And I can set my cutting mat right on top of it if I need to trim. I smiled when I saw the plastic boxes, because that's how I keep my WIPs.

I am a member of two guilds and am going on retreat in September with one and January with another. Both are at the same place outside Navasota. Plus several of us are talking about doing a small group retreat at some point. There are several retreat centers in this area and we are checking into all of them to see what amenities they provide. I've been to a couple in Conroe and one outside Canton.

Misty's Mom -- One of the guilds I belong to meets in Atascocita, if that's not too far from you. You're welcome to come anytime. Check out our website at Peace By Piecing Quilt Guild.