View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 06:01 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

I'm inserting my comments, with each of yours ............

Originally Posted by Z View Post
What are we doing wrong to cause the decrease in the number of postings, especially in the recent topics area? Good Grief!!! For many of us, it's the "good ol' summertime" ... and many have lives and priorities, away from their sewing machines and computers!

When I joined in 2011 there were around 20 pages of postings in the recent topics area every day. Now there only
around 10 on a daily basis. Does the number really matter? Perhaps it's more important to see Quality, than Quantity?

Are we including things that really don't deal with quilting? Yes, there are some, and no one forces anyone to look at the non-quilting topics.

Are there topics that we should be including that aren't. That can happen easy enough ... start a new thread! And if it should not meet with the Board standards/rules it will be deleted.

Are we just boring? Far from boring! I've yet to find the QB boring.

Does anyone have constructive ideas for getting the number of postings up instead of down? .PARTICIPATE!!!!! Perhaps start with yourself ... it seems that since you joined two years ago, you only have posted 82 times! If everyone LURKED as much as you appear to be doing, then there would be even fewer posts and the Boards would be even quieter. And yes, they probably would become boring!!

I would like to keep a good thing going instead of losing it. The Quilting Board is a wonderful Community. I really don't feel your complaints have any justification. I have gained SO much in the two years that I have been part of this group. However, that has probably only been, because I have taken and active role and participated. I have learned SO much, and have improved as a quilter ever SO, with MANY THANKS to many wonderful people.