View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 03:22 AM
Zappycat

Default Charity Quilt help please!

I was just made aware of a fundraiser being given for the family of one of the girls on my daughter's college soccer team. They are looking for chinese auction items and larger items to raffle off at a dinner to raise money for the family because this girl's father was diagnosed with stage four stomach cancer. The family has 6 children, aged 21-6. I have always been amazed to see them show up at soccer games with each kid wearing a different jersey from some team that they were involved with and the parents always so supportive and involved with each child... a truly awesome family. I was trying to think of something I could do to help and I was thinking about maybe donating a quilt. If I do, how will I know what I can do that will appeal to the largest number of people. It needs to be quick enough that I can make it and have it quilted and finished by early October, too. I'm not an expereienced quilter, but I have been sewing for years. I'm sure that many of you have a lot of experience with things like this. Any suggestions as to size, color, patterns? I'd really appreciate it. I'd really like to be able to do something good to help this family and with my husband out of work, I don't have much in the way of money that I can donate. I know the quilting will cost me, but I was hoping to use as much from my stash as possible.

Off to work now and hoping that you guys will have some suggestions for me when I get home. Thanks so much...this community here is just the best! <3 I appreciate your help!