View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 12:05 PM
JanTx

I got back yesterday afternoon - then napped the evening away, was in my pjs by 8 and in bed by 10 - that's early for me. Whew! I'm exhausted from so much fun. I got a full/queen WIP finished, 2 twins, 2 throws, and 3 pillow cases. I took everything cut - last year there was a cutting board hog so I learned to not plan on having a big space to cut. I had my 18X24 mat at the end of my table so could cut there when I needed to. There were 14 of us and we did eat, talk, laugh, and sew at all hours. I'm a night owl and one "night" went to bed at 5:30 AM! My dearest friend was my roommate.

The retreat is held at The Orchard at Caney Creek right outside Wharton, TX. This site is used for weddings, receptions, reunions, retreats, etc. It's a wonderful place! The lady who runs it and her mother both live on site and are both quilters. That's a bonus!

Our local quilt shop organizes the retreat - that seems to be an unusual thing. The Cedar Chest Quilt Shoppe in El Campo, TX is my LQS. The owner generally hosts 3 retreats a year - January, June, and July. This year it was January, June, and August. This July retreat was called the Teacher's Retreat because those of us who are teachers can't go in January or August. Of the 14 people at this retreat 9 of us are teachers.

Here's a pic of the pile I got done. When I get them quilted and bound I'll post them separately - don't hold your breaths!
Attached Thumbnails img_2306%5B1%5D.jpg