Old 07-26-2013, 06:49 PM
createfourpaws

Originally Posted by DustysMomma View Post
Wait, are we signing up here? I'm confused. Football is fall, right? Ooh, or I might need a round one for my little table I sit by on the porch to hand out Halloween candy, if football doesn't work. The man asked me if I was trying to cover every surface in the house with quilts the other day when swaps for them were mentioned. When I get the new machine, he's going to ask the same thing about embroidery, lol!

The only local person I know who does embroidery said that she had trouble with some thread she got & the guy at the sewing center told her to use polyester & she wouldn't have that problem. More investigating over the weekend, but for now, it's off to the movies. Dusty picked this time, so I'm being dragged to watch Pacific Rim. Not sure how I feel about that just now, but at least it's time he wants to spend with me, so I'll take it!
no we are not signing up, I was just responding to Brat since she didn't get one with this swap......so if she doesnt have a partner for the next on I am willing to make 2 if she has not partner.

You will have fun with your new baby. I recommend either poly or rayon thread for the embroidery. Each machine likes differnt makers. I use either Sullk poly/rayon or Maderia poly/rayon depending on what I am making.

Buying all the threads can cost a pretty penny..........may have to buy them alittle slow.