Old 07-27-2013, 05:19 AM
dabbler312

Hi all - I didn't fall in the river or drive off a cliff - where I live is flat as far as the eye can see. Just been super busy with other things.

I just finished reading several pages and have to comment on my machine - I have a singer Quantum L-500 - it's got an extra large area of space between needle and throat of machine; it has a thread cutter, too many pretty stitches that have yet to be used, a couple different styles of alphabet letters, separate bobbin winder, push button start, super fast stitching - I have to slow it down so I can maintain my 1/4"; it has a knee lifter; okay lighting; and a gizzmo that drops down from in back of needle area that helps pull/feed fabric through. I purchased it from HSN - in fact I purchased both my machines from HSN; I was watching last fall and they were offering the Quantum XL1000 sewing and embroidery machine - almost purchased it for the embroidery and then talked myself out of it - how much embroidery would I actually do. This is a wonderful machine; but I still lust after a Janome or Bernina - I have trouble justifying the cost of those machines compared to what my machine already does.

I can actually say I'm shop hopped out - last weekend Judi and I went to Country Threads in Garner IA - they were having a fantastic anniversary sale and I finally got my rag rug loom that I've been wanting for the past year. It will be a wonderful way to use up all those ugly fabrics that are in the closet - I can't imagine what I was thinking when I purchased them - 'That's it, I wasn't thinking' - LOL. I'll be able to make 25"x37"or 39" throw rugs; they're really heavy duty and will last a good long time. Now you all know how I came up with my on line name dabbler - I have tons of interests and dabble in quite a few.

Are we still signed up for the fall runner or do we need to sign up again. I have some awesome fall fabrics on hand and a few Halloween. Brat please let me know if I need to sign up again.

You all have a wonderful day - we've been having some unseasonably cool temps the past few days; last night got down in the 40's and yesterdays high was 67 today right around 70.