View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 12:09 PM
bearisgray
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
I have made a few 'neutrals' quilts- nothing bland about them- the first one was a 'Saturday sampler' program at an lqs- we made star blocks with all whites, creams, tans...one of my all time favorite quilts (and I tend to make very colorful quilts most of the time) I loved that one so much that I made the star blocks again in the same colors, added an appliqued sandhill crane to the center and made my sister in law a quilt for her Florida house- she loves it, here's a picture- nothing bland...and I made one with a crazy quilt center king sized quilt- it does have some browns added but again...it is not boring or bland in any way...and the pineapple border on the 'Amazing Grace' quilt I made are all neutrals- they are about the prettiest blocks I have ever made...one day I should make a whole quilt out of those.

Wow - Nothing bland about that quilt!

When someone says 'neutrals' - I would ask for some paint chip cards of what they want so that their idea of neutrals and my idea of neutrals match.

Some people may think gray tones, some tan, some pinkish tan, some cream - I usually think cream to sand to tan - but others may think grays - and there are warm grays and cool grays - - -

So 'neutrals' isn't quite 'one color range might fit all'