Old 07-28-2013, 11:04 PM
Bluebonnets1952

Wink Date of Manufacture for a 'The Free' sewing machine

Hello to all! thanks for letting me join in! I have spent the last couple of hours reading your blogs and enjoying your pictures of the quilts you've made! I don't really know how I found ya'll because I was looking for a site, any site, to tell me how to lookup the date it was made of one of my sewing machines. When I stumbled onto this site I just got lost in your blogs! Anyway, can any of you tell me where to look online for the date of manufacture of the sewing machine brand 'THE FREE"? The serial number is C254812. I'm guessing it's from the early 1900's only because I saw one on ebay with a serial number slightly less than mine that said it was made in 1902......they don't lie on ebay do they??.... surely not..... now back to reality. My machine has lovely peacock decals that are still pretty much intact, it sews beautifully and is in an enclosed cabinet. It even came with the lifetime warranty signed by Mr. Free and all the attachments! I have no plans for selling it, or any of the other 17 machines I have, the kids will just have to either bury them with me or learn to sew when I'm done on this earth!! I just want to know how old it is! Thanks for any advice you may have to offer me, other than I'm a little bit addicted to vintage machines, which there is no cure for, my biggest problem is deciding which one to sew on! Again, thanks for letting me join! Sew On! Sheila