View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Barbm

the usual- turkey, mashed potatoes with cheese (must have lumps so DD knows they are real), steamed broccoli, corn, peas, 2 types of stuffing- one with the "gizzards" and hamburger and 1 with loose sausage. They get stuffed into the 2 ends of the turkey- whoever gets theirs mixed first gets the larger cavity. I'm always done first since hubby has a tendency to sleep longer than me. Also- gravy, rolls with butter and homemade kielbasa.

Dessert- pumpkin pies from pumpkin from the garden, pumpkin roll for DS who wanted to try something different 3 years ago. If DD was here, we would have apple pie- complete with an A cut into the crust- which she says is April pie (her name).

I won a bottle of wine so we will open that and have a glass to toast. I set the table with my crystal dinnerware and stemware and good place settings. No one is allowed to clean up- I'm the only one to touch the crystal to put it in the dishwasher. One time I even took a picture of the table because it looked so pretty. I even serve all the food in crystal dishes- we don't even use half of what I've accumulated over the years. This year we are down to 10, the smallest we've ever been at the table. I've made dinner for 30 and loved every minute of it!

But I'm REALLY liking that spiked coffee idea- that could become a NEW tradition. What do you spike it with???? What happens when the cook has to go back to bed to sleep it off and can't get back up? (me :) )