Old 08-02-2013, 06:32 AM
mhollifiel

KarenR! My sister does have a quilt that I made especially for her. It's in her colors with lots of gardening prints. I gave it to her for her birthday 8 or 9 years ago. She takes care of it like the crown jewels. She drapes it across her chest of drawers for display in her guest room. In retrospect and knowing that, I should have realized that she'd never put this old beach quilt thing to it's proper use but I was just so excited for her to have something useful for the sand at the beach. Or maybe I was just too happy to have a "decent burial" place for that awful quilt!

I am so glad that I shared this story. Both my sisters are wonderful but this little sister of mine has really taken care of me in my "old age" even from a distance. I could never have survived the grief of my first DH if she hadn't constantly called and "made" me come "help out" her or my nieces and nephews instead of falling into a huge pit of loneliness and sorrow. And she's as good to her friends as she is to her family. She's the very definition of a loving sister and her husband is as wonderful as she is. Her name is Alice which means 'Noble kind; of the noble sort' and she lives up to her name every day she lives.