Old 08-02-2013, 04:19 PM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I love you and your sister. My sister passed at 53 years old after a VERY brief illness. She taught me to quilt. I was the recipient of her quilting room supplies. She loved to make blocks but didn't care too awful much to put the blocks together. I found lots of blocks of stars satin stitched to muslin with one strip of plaid on one side. I found stacks of plaids and the pattern. I added plaids to all the sides and put the blocks together and made a queen size bed quilt. After I had it LAed, I called my younger brother and asked him if he would like a one of a kind quilt -a quilt made from his two sisters. I thought it would move him to tears. He's a bachelor and sleeps in his living room with my lap quilt as his blanket. Well, surprisingly he said his house wasn't a quilt house and he already had a quilt and didn't need another one. I explained how this was one of a kind and he said 'yeah, yeah, no thanks, Jeanne'.

So I called my daughter and hardly finished the story when she burst into tears and begged for the quilt. She has probably 20 of my quilts and always asks me if I have any new quilts she can have. So I sent her the quilt and she called me and said it's her favorite! She loved her Aunt Carol Ann. So, I had a happy ending also. Still wish my brother would have realized how important that quilt was. But my daughter did. Maybe it's a female thing.