View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 07:18 AM
Ps 150

Default I Went To EB's Store!!

We took our vacation in Kentucky this year and I made my way over to Paducah!! We were staying near Lexington, but DH still made the 4.5 hour trek with me over to Paducah. We spent the morning at Quilt In The Day where I got to tour Eleanor's upstairs apartment that she stays in when she's in town, see a lot of the actual quilts that she's made on the shows and of course, shop!! Then we grabbed lunch and headed over to the National Quilt Museum and saw some amazing quilts by a lot of talented people. I was in my glory!! At one point, at QIAD, the clerk went up to my husband as I was squealing in delight on the phone with a quilting friend and told him, "She's a bit too excited for me to tell her this right now, so I'll tell you that this back room is all on sale from $2-$4 a yard." LOL!! DH told me after I came up for air. I was so syked!

EB started my love of quilting. Four years back I had to have two, back-to-back surgeries and spent 12 weeks on bed rest. It was driving me crazy, so DH suggested I start to learn to quilt as I always wanted to. I tried reading 'Quilting For Dummies', but with all of the medications that I was on, I could barely focus on the words. So, I found her show one day while I was scanning channels and she really got me through those twelve weeks and ignited my love for quilting. Going to her store was an amazing thing for me. I walked away with some souvenirs, some notions I haven't seen in NY and memories of a wonderful day. So, while this isn't probably newsworthy, I just had to share my excitement!!