View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 10:04 AM
Caroline S

Originally Posted by Evelyngrj View Post
I actually just got a Kochs Adler machine from my mom along with a box of attachments. I'm off to find a cabinet for it. I'm not sure if it's quite proper to use a Singer treadle base for a Kochs Adler machine, but at this point all I want to do is get it up and running for Mom. Interestingly enough Caroline S, Mom lives not far from you in Roy. I also got an old Singer 221 (I believe, has the pot motor on the back along with the cabinet) which Mom is giving to the niece. I'm itching to clean up and restore her 128 handcrank with Egyptian Sphynx decorations on it. I have yet to get working on the Kochs Adler. I'll let you know how it goes!!!
Nice to meet you Evelyn. The Singer 221 is a the Featherweight machine. You likely have a Singer 201 which are wonderful sewing machines. I would love to see your Kochs-Adler to see if yours is similar to mine. Can you post a picture? Does the Koch-Adler have a manual?? I also have a Singer hand crank in re-furbishing mode, model 28 made in 1902. Yes, a lot of project machines!!!